Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 12


By:  Keith Shealy
            During this week, when so much attention is turned toward husbands and wives, and boyfriends and girlfriends, we would like to offer some very important advice to those who are currently not married and praying for their future mate.  For those of you who do not know, I spent the first fifty two years of my life by myself.  Sometimes I prayed daily that God would reveal my mate to me.  Whenever I would enter a ministry service or event, I wondered, "Is 'she' (the 'one') going to be here?"  And, if I had to tell you how many times well-meaning people came up to me to say things like, "Brother, God must really be preparing some amazing girl for you!  That's why it's taking so long!" or, "When you meet 'the one', you'll know it!"
            Day after day, month after month, year after year, and decade after decade, though I was not really consumed with finding 'her', I could not seem to silence the voices in my head.  Like a pesky little brother your Mom makes you take with you everywhere, voices would sound off at every turn, questioning, "Is she here?  Is she?  Is she??"  Each time the voices started up again, all I could think was, "If only I could get my hands on those little suckers ... !"

            There I was: a successful minister at a great church; had my dream football career; toured and recorded with my own band; and I could go on and on... the guy everyone always said seemed like the one who has it all together!  And, for years, because all of my friends were married, I ate in restaurants alone, came home after church on Sundays and turned on the football game in an attempt to silence the deafening loneliness, and all but begged God to reveal to me just what it was that was wrong with me so I could work on changing it. 

            Read Part Two of this article tomorrow, 2/13/2014.

No comments :