Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 30

April--Month of Honoring the Military Child

**APRIL** is a special month of HONORING THE MILITARY CHILD… being STRONG… RESILIENT… RECEPTIVE to change… ACCEPTING of others who may or may not be like them… and MISSING MANY OF THE VERY FREEDOMS for which their family member in uniform has dedicated their life to fight for and preserve.
 
W e are grateful for this dedicated time of the year when we take a closer and focused look into the eyes of some of the BRAVEST guys and girls in AMERICA – our MILITARY B.R.A.T.S. Just like the parent in the family who wears the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine, or Coast Guard uniform, the Military Brat is impacted by the: =>frequent moves to new assignment locations;=>unpredictable changes in the home, community, family of faith, and school situation;
=>changes in friendship circles; 
=>sacrifices of the very freedoms for which the parent in uniform fights to defend; and
=>ever-unique demands the military lifestyle brings.


With the service and sacrifice of the family member in uniform, there are countless children who deserve to be honored as well for: "Growing up a Military Child (aka: Military Brat)" (VIDEO).
I’ve heard Keith say, time and time again, that transparency is a lifeline for those who are going through difficult times and suffering. One of the devil’s most effective tools for bringing division and great despair into the lives of people who suffer, both young and old alike, is convincing the sufferer that “nobody else is struggling, or has ever struggled, as I am; it’s just me.”  God’s Word says that there is NOTHING new under the sun. With that in mind, I offer this blog from my heart, hoping that others who relate to struggles like ours, will be encouraged that they are not alone, and that they are appreciated for the important part they play, as they serve in support of fellow Americans and of other peace-loving nations around the world.

     




Writing a letter to each of my military kids & grandbabies this month, I found the photos I've shared above to be just a few that stir my emotions, always bringing me to both laugh and cry.  The memories still are fresh in my mind, taking me back to the countless stories we wrote in letters, to the scrapbooks I made to be sure our many memories were saved, and to the sweet yet sad phone calls we shared that stirred our hearts while my children and I had to be apart.  I couldn’t wait to get back to hug and kiss them each time, to hold them on my lap and read stories with them, to swing them on the swings and have lunch with them at school, just to be next to them, to enjoy time with them, for as long as I possibly could.

My little boy would tell me how he would sleep with the light on, so I could see to kiss him goodnight if I came back while he was sleeping. I remember when my little girl called and said how she learned to do a cartwheel for the first time. Doing gymnastics in the yard was our thing, and I was missing it, big time. I’m glad she continued, telling me details, because I was overwhelmed being far away from her, and I couldn’t talk just them, for a few moments.

All three of us struggled to stop our tears, whenever we had to say another goodbye.  With everything we did together and everywhere we enjoyed as a loving little family, we did our best trying not to think about our next separation coming up. The crying and sad times, and our going in different directions, never ever got easier, no matter how long or short our separation would be, or how many or few miles apart.

I kept every “I luv you Mommy” letter, every drawing and every picture my kids mailed to me from afar. And I know they kept mine, especially the scrapbooks I made and sent, reminding them I am forever there, with them in my heart every time we were apart. All of those times I heard Ethan or Sierra say, “You’re the best military mommy in the world,” the truth was THEY were the best military kids in the world, and I love and appreciate them so!!!!
Thank you so much for allowing Keith and I this opportunity to share our heart with you. We pray that this blog message will, in many ways, encourage you to support and uplift our military sons and daughters, not just in the month of April, but every month of the year when the opportunity shows itself to you.

What a privilege it is for all of us to “press Toward The Mark” of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, together as we share with one another our heart and passions in life. We would like to encourage you to comment and share this blog, and your own experiences as well, with transparency. God bless you and your family.
If you have any questions or would like to share a special military experience with us, or prayer request, please send us an e-mail or note by mail at the address shown below.
Your friends & servants in Christ,


This message, as well as each of our Bible-based resources, is made possible by the support of our faithful partners. Would you consider helping us expand our outreach capabilities by becoming a monthly financial partner? Your support will go toward fulfilling our God-given calling to help provide effective, contemporary outreach tools for the churched and un-churched alike to know the love, truth, and salvation of Jesus Christ. We invite you to partner with us as we "press Toward The Mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14)


CLICK HERE to make a tax-deductible contribution securely by PayPal.
Every gift is tax-deductible and helps, and we thank you for it!

Mail tax-deductible contributions by check to the order of:
Toward The Mark, Inc., P.O. Box 1152, Yorktown, VA 23692-1152.

Thank you in advance for sowing your financial seed into the fertile soil of this ministry! We pray God bless you with a 100-fold return for your generosity!

No comments :